3 months ago
The Media Cloud / Devops engineer is responsible for designing, developping and setting general principles for the software applications running both on private data centre, edge or popular public Cloud platforms.
She/he is knowledgeable on deployment and microservice orchestration running over virtualization layers, monitoring software best practices within the full software development lifecycle. The candidate has a deep understanding of the current state of the art for infrastructure provisioning automation, continuous integration, and deployment frameworks, with a particular understanding of real-time media processing functions, networking and cloud-based delivery models.
He will have demonstrated experience in designing and implementing reliable, scalable and high performing media-based solutions that meet the service levels associated with mission-critical media solutions.
The candidate will be a teamwork champion, capable of working side by side with R&D teams while keeping a solution and service delivery mindset. She /he will be able to think both short term and long term, produce documentation and work on AGILE, Continuous Value Delivery project teams. She/he may supervise other software engineers or external providers in matrix organizations.
Her/His main responsibilities include:
- Lead the complete integration of cloud-based (private and or public) solutions from design, development to execution.
- Designing the media cloud environment and (devops aspects) underlaying virtualization layer from a global point of view, working on specific implementations to deliver media solutions and implementations for live, near live and non-linear media production workflows
- Translating specific needs and roadmap items into a cloud structure that will suit those needs while paying special attention to the project requirements in terms of resource usage and scalability
- Oversee cloud security in collaboration with security teams
- Design, Architect, Develop, Evaluate and Deliver POCs as well as ready for operations media production deployments related to innovative services
- Work with R&D Product Owners, Solutions Team lead, project managers, solutions managers and other stakeholders to translate solution requirements into a cohesive cloud architecture while contributing to the roadmap
- Maintain a high-SLA, scalability, reliability and agility mindset in the proposed solution designs
- Produce documentation, evaluation reports, schemas and descriptions as required.
Engineer, Bachelor's, Master's or PhD degree in Engineering or Computer Science (high school or university) * 5+ years of experience in software solutions engineering, cloud integration and cloud architecture
In-depth knowledge in Data Centre ecosystems, software/hardware engineering and Public Cloud
In-depth knowledge of software engineering best practices (Agile, Continuous Value Delivery, CI/CD, DevOps, NoOps, PaaS, IaaS, Service Oriented Architecture, Cloud Computing)
Experience in devops
The following technical experiences are not mandatory, and will be considered as an asset:
Cloud architecture certification is a plus
Very good experience in Windows. Linux knowledge is an asset
Experience in the broadcast industry
Experience in Agile / Scrum development practices
Test-driven development and familiarity with developer-driven automated testing
Achieves high-quality results through thoughtful analysis and planning; target driven and result oriented
Excellent analytical skills, strong object-oriented design skills
Focus on quality, detail-minded, willing to take care of customer point of view
Open for changes and continuous learning
Capable of executing tasks autonomously, of planning and communicating planning and progress, of getting help where needed
Shows initiative, is curious and communicates well about initiatives
Good written and verbal communication skills, shares information actively; responds properly, reports on-time; accepts criticism and other opinions, addresses criticism constructively
Excellent team player
Working knowledge of English & French
You will benefit from working in a friendly, lively environment having ambitious commercial objectives. Our dynamic and young team brings the best out of motivated potentials. In addition, you will receive a competitive salary and a range of other employee benefits.