11 months ago
In addition, a basic understanding of IQA & RTV process is required to perform at the correct level in this role. Also, similarly a base knowledge of material containment protocols.
It is necessary to be prepared to travel (on occasion) to Suppliers as required (usually UK based).
Role duties expected by the Supplier Quality Engineer include:
· Experience of reactively responding to the daily quality issues found in a
· Deal with any highlighted concerns and confirm any problems, determining an initial
action plan with the facility management and the supplier.
· Solving root cause problems at source.
· Reporting into the Site Based Supplier Quality Manager this role is responsible and
accountable for managing supplier related quality issues relating to Product
Production, Pre-Service or Reliability and Warranty.
· This role will include initiating supplier driven containment activity (to ensure that
production schedules are not prejudiced) reviewing and approving 8D Corrective Action
· Use of multiple reporting systems
· Strong supplier leadership and management
· Relationship management