San Diego, California
about 2 months ago
The Scientist I position will play an integral role in the development of technologies for uncovering genomic sequence and structure information for diverse research applications. This position requires a leader who thrives in a fast-paced working environment, and possesses a well-rounded skill set across the full continuum of genomics research - beginning with thoughtful experimental design, and continuing through careful experimental execution, detailed bioinformatic data analysis and interpretation, and communicating results and proposing future directions to peers and management.
Role: Scientist I
* Lead R&D projects related to the development of technologies for deciphering genomic sequence and structure information for diverse research applications.
* Contribute to the design and planning of the R&D project and timelines
* Execute experiments at the bench according to R&D project plan.
* Analyse genomic sequence and structure data using existing or newly developed bioinformatics tools.
* Participate in technical discussions with external project collaborators.
* Stay well-informed on current technology trends and scientific literature related to your specific project, as well as the broad application areas of our products and services.
* Anticipate project challenges early, work to resolve them, and utilize good judgement when raising challenges to management.
* Present technical updates to colleagues and contribute to department meetings.
* Present at scientific meetings.
* Contribute to data analysis, data compilation, and writing of research proposals and patent applications.
* Participate in R&D lab meetings, fostering an environment of intellectual curiosity and critical thinking, while maintaining an awareness for technology commercialization and product development.
* Participate in additional special team or individual projects.
* A strong interest and belief in the power of genomic sequence and structure data towards advancing discovery, diagnosis and therapy.
* Strong working knowledge of next-generation sequencing (NGS) sample prep and bioinformatics methods.
* Hands-on experience and proficiency working with bioinformatics analysis of NGS data - the ability to both understand and use existing bioinformatics tools, as well as write your own custom data analysis programs.
* Ph.D. in Molecular Biology or other related scientific field
If this sounds of interest, please reach out to me at 01737 236729 /