4 months ago
I've partnered up with a small niche Biotech who are leaders within their space, with a focus on treatments for cancer. Due to their ground-breaking work they've recently partnered up with a number of leading pharmaceutical companies to expand their small molecule drug discovery portfolio. This is a rare opportunity to join a small but growing team and have the ability to work with leaders in industry as a Senior Bioinformatics Scientist.
- Manage and perform high-quality analyses of 'omics datasets generated from their translational studies and from patients recruited into our clinical trials.
- Work closely with the Team Lead to develop and refine strategies for data management, analysis, integration and visualisation.
- Develop and implement bioinformatics analysis pipelines and data infrastructure as required.
- Identify, explore and implement technologies from open source platforms or vendors.
- Liaise with the Translational Science team and other departments to help guide experimental design of 'omics studies, and communicate key findings and results.
- Identify, test and implement novel methods/tools and datasets.
- PhD in Computational Biology/Bioinformatics/Data Science or similar subject
- Experience integrating high dimensional multi-omics datasets (e.g., genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics)
- Extensive experience of working with WES/WGS and RNAseq data
- Experience working within oncology bioinformatics
- Proficiency in Python and/or R and Command-line
If this role sounds of interest, please reach out
P: 01737 236729