11 months ago
Liquid error: internal
To support the internal IT infrastructure, our clients' Windows Architecture Squad is looking for a motivated and solution focused Windows System Engineer.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Perform day-to-day system administration/management activities that may include initial set-up, configuration, testing of OS/VMs and additional software.
- Resolve problem management issues regarding system/operations by identifying corrective measures/improvements in accordance with the service level agreement.
- Deploy software releases/updates according to the Change Management process.
- May participate in the planning and implementation of system/network.projects/enhancements, ensuring adherence to documented processes and procedures and risk mitigation efforts.
- Interact with network services, software systems engineering and /or applications development in order to guarantee availability of services and/or identify root cause of problems.
- Automate administrative tasks and improve the monitoring of applications ensuring effectiveness in line with customer needs and departmental policies.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of service resilience design and systems operations principles.
- Ensure the correct level of security on the systems and during daily work.
- 6-9 years of experience in a similar position.-
- Strong IT knowledge including Windows recent OS, storage, hardware, backup and monitoring.
- Strong knowledge of Windows system administration, deployment of OS & applications via SCCM.
- Knowledge of virtualization (VMWare administration) deployment is an asset.
- Good knowledge of Networking and TCP/IP.
- Knowledge of PowerShell is an asset.
- Flexible team player able to work in an Agile driven organization.
- Willing to perform occasional weekend work.
Fluent English is mandatory.