Up to £29.5 per hour + Hybrid working- 2 days in the office
5 months ago
I am currently working with a world leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines, and diesel-electric locomotives. They are looking for an Entry Level/Junior Data Scientist to join their Engineering team.
They are looking for someone to implement systems and solutions to automate data processing and make real-time performance of multiple value streams accessible and informative.
They are looking for someone with:
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Knowledge of data modelling, data cleansing and data enrichment techniques
- Demonstrated experience of data analysis and visualisation (preferably Power BI)
- Demonstrated experience of automation coding (preferably Python)
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members, other business units, customers and suppliers
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects from concept to delivery
If you have gained any experience in Python (and common data analysis libraries), Power BI, SQL, DAX, DevOps, Git, Power Automate, Power Apps and similar then that is also a plus.
Please note that we do not expect a perfect candidate fully capable in all of the above; If you meet the basic requirements, this role sounds exciting to you and you are willing to continually develop skills and experience in the areas, tools and languages identified, please consider applying.