about 1 month ago
As an E&I Engineer you will be working with E&I engineering on PLC & HMI based control systems, coherent field & machine instrumentation and/or electrical power control system engineering. Collaborating with all technical disciplines, across multiple departments, and the position requires to have a good ability to understand systems and how they interact. We work closely with several other disciplines to increase the total value of the products and services that NOV can offer. We are seeking candidates that can work on E&I/Automation activities on a variety of segments, Typical Oil & Gas, Renewables, Marine, etc.
Duties & Responsibilities :
* Engineering of electrical & instrumentation packages.
* Preparation of drawings and technical documentation.
* Technical clarifications with vendors and clients.
* Preparation of documentation for testing and installation.
* Support during the installation and commissioning phase.
* Contribute to further development of existing products.
Personal and Interpersonal :
* You will have an education within Electrical / Instrumentation with experience from the offshore industry (5-10 years of experience is preferred).
* Extensive and relevant experience within instrumentation or electrical may compensate for lack of formal education.
* Having a professional letter in electrical, automation, etc. is an advantage.
* Knowledge and experience with Ex equipment is preferred.
* We emphasise good communication skills, English is required.
* Essential : Bachelor or Master within electrical engineering, Mechatronics or Renewable energy (Extensive and relevant experience can compensate for lack of formal education.)
* Essential: Experience with E&I design engineering (5-10 years of experience is preferred.)
* Desirable: Professional letters in electrical, automation, etc. and experience from practical work would be an advantage
Skills, training, or special knowledge:
* Essential: Experience with AutoCad. Experience with Ex design, CE Marking, etc. Good communication skills.
* Desirable: Experience with FebDok Calculations is an advantage.
Quality Assurance :
* Carry out all duties in accordance with the Quality Assurance procedures and department/area work instructions.
* Contribute to general improvements in the quality and key activities of the department/area.
Health, Safety and Environment :
* Carry out all duties safely and in accordance with the Health & Safety Policy, Employee Handbook, procedures, training, and instruction.
* To be safety conscious and report any safety hazards to the HSE representative.
An industrial gases innovator that answers the challenges of oil and gas customers worldwide seek an E&I Engineer. To be based in Dublin, Ireland for contract work.