Power Systems Simulation Engineer
about 1 month ago
This is a twenty-four-month contract role. To be considered for this amazing role, to be based in Peterborough initially and then hybrid you will need practical post university experience in Power Systems Simulation to be eligible for the position.
You will be
* Creating 1D engine and hybrid power system models, to simulate both liquid and gaseous low-C fuels (e.g., hydrogen, methanol, ethanol, DME, OME, etc.) in off-road machine applications.
* Using 1D power system and machine models to integrate, evaluate and optimize novel engine and hybrid components and subsystems.
* Comparing/validating simulation results to both physical power system test data
* Proposing, research, develop, implement, and test new sub models for improved prediction of engine performance and emissions from 1D simulation tools.
* Reporting simulation results and make recommendations to improve engine performance or resolve power system performance issues.
* Working with universities to advance predictive capability of simulation tools for engines and hybrid power systems.
Your academics to be considered will be
* Minimum of a master's degree in automotive, engines, hybrid vehicles, combustion or thermodynamics
* C or C++, Python
* 0D / 1D Engine System Simulation
* 0D / 1D Hybrid Vehicle System Simulation
* GT Power, GT Suite, AVL Boost, AVL Cruise, Siemens Simcenter, AMESim
You will be involved in genuinely advanced, cutting-edge simulation including modelling Hydrogen, Methanol, Ethanol, DME and Ammonia fuel alternatives.
If you have the required industry experience and want to contribute and advance your skill set within this amazing opportunity, then do apply now.
I look forward to discussing your application with you